Short story - conflict

I look around for no more than a moment and I am struck with awe at the fascinating people and places around me. 
No peace lies in the busy streets of the city; and no chaos in the grass filled fields of the countryside. Both places brimming with different cultures, ethnicity's and individuals despite being neighbours. Two places unique in their own right engage in conflict because of me.
I sometimes sit and look across the river that divides the two worlds and watch the murky rubbish-filled water struggle to pass on. The tide of lilly pads lining the banks with nowhere to go. On one side is a simple life and on the other is a technologically advanced one. Both the same yet too different to coexist. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Havoc

10 things to do with your best friend

The meaning behind my name?!